Community Issues Speakers
Top 100 IT Leader (and Dragon Boat Racer)
- Career Management into your 60’s … and beyond (for an older crowd – encouraging, practical advice)
Police Reform and Northern Ireland Expert
- Police reform in Cleveland
- Northern Ireland’s police reform process (and how we in Cleveland can learn from them)humanitarian concerns, economic impact
- Key issues in Cleveland/America and how we can learn from Ireland/Northern Ireland’s experience (namely: police reform, immigration issues, prejudice)
Founder and executive director of HOLA
- Northeast Ohio Latino immigrants and their families
- Immigration: including policies, history, current trends, influence on politics, humanitarian concerns, economic impact
- Advocacy and grassroots organizing
Chapter Director at Prevent Blindness
- Age Related Eye Diseases
- Eye Health & Safety
- Vision Problems In Ohio
Founder of Shiksha Daan (Gift of Education)
- How to start a community volunteer effort
- How Asian Indian community is giving back to the Greater Cleveland Community through volunteerism and service
- Opportunities to help with education and development of youth from low income families – how you can contribute
Story Teller and Survivor
The cancer year: facing the worst fear to discover what’s possible
The power of story
Board Certified Coach
- Nonprofit Board Development – How to keep your nonprofit board accountable and connected with its stakeholders; special board assessment tool – Board Rx.
Li Li, MD, PhD
Director, Swetland Center for Environmental Health
- Environmental Health
- Health Disparities
- Global and International Health
- Clinical Translational Science
- Chronic Disease Prevention Research
- Obesity, Energy Imbalance and Cancer
- Environmental Determinants of Health Disparities
- Cancer, Genomics and Primary Care
- Acculturation and Health Disparities
- Sleep and cancer
- Gut microbiome and health
Communications and Marketing Manager
American Red Cross
- American Red Cross services
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Home Fire Safety
Joseph Patrick Meissner
Attorney, Green Beret Vietnam Veteran, Author
- What is wrong with Chief Wahoo?
- Why are your utility bills so high and what can you do about this?
Estonian Community Leader
- Growing up as a Displaced Person in WWII in a Refugee Camp
- Respecting the Flag and National Anthem
Sikh leader promoting Peace and Non-Violence.
- Mistaken Identity – A beard and turban do not make a terrorist
- Sikhs and Sikhism
- Peace and Non-Violence projects
- Making Cleveland the City of Peace and Non-Violence
- Guns don’t Decide Who is Right, Guns Decide Who is Left
Diabetes and Medication Management for Seniors
- Diabetes in Seniors
- Medication Management in Seniors
Founder and president of
Civic Collaboration Consultants, LLC
- Beyond CoBLABoration: What it takes for leaders to leave their logos and egos at the door so they can get things done together.
- The Civic Superpower: How the practice of inquiry – asking new, compelling questions and listening deeply to the answers that emerge – can transform a stuck community into a vibrant community.
- Collaboration Moves at the Speed of Trust: Why trust is essential to effective collaboration and what you can do to build trust within your community.
- System Change: What is it? What does it take? And why our communities will remain inequitable until we accomplish it.